Here are some of the latest, very useful social media safety tips.
1) Get Familiar Open an account on the platforms your children use and get familiar with the settings and general navigation.
2) Talk Talk to your child about creating strong passwords, not divulging personal information and be upfront about what you’ll be monitoring.
3) Monitor Check that your child hasn’t lied about their age, that their profile on Facebook is set on private and regularly check the content of their posts.
4) Restrict Ensure your child cannot access inappropriate content by implementing the right restrictions. Convenant Eyes is a viable filter for Youtube.
5) Flagging Teach your kids how to flag inappropriate content and remove unwanted followers.
6) Set Time Limits It’s easy to get addicted to social media, so implement “offline time” for yourself and your kids.